Sunday, November 13, 2005

should i retire?

you know, i've faced a lot of challenges in life. but there seems to be one thing that i continally think i can't overcome. and that is caring about people. caring about people seems to be just too fuckin hard. i've always found more reward out of caring for other people, but i've fallen way behind on caring for myself.

i'm just confused because while the world seems to follow the trend that more people are busy caring about themselves, i still feel like i'm worrying way too much about pleasing others. why is this pressure there and how does it make sense?

i've really considered just retreating into exile for a few months and then see what's changed when i come back. what's better, boredom with complacency or the ever changing feelings of a socially demanding life? i'm thinking this question could never be answered.

1 Comments:

Blogger Logan Clark said...

Oh, pussy!

And Hobbs is a turdnibbler, but at least we were able to visit a couple of times over the summer. Sheep harassment is probably the only thing that brought me over there though. Hobbsian butt was probably a close second.

A few months of exile can do a woman good. That is how I look at my whole experience at SCSU (except a couple weekends of booze, bitches, and beatings with you guys). I don't know which type of exile you are contemplating. You will have to elaborate before I can fully comment.
However, on the idea of exile. If you folks wait of few years until I have moved myself onto the land that I hope to call my home in the future (or at least Joe Hobbs will be living there taking care of the place while I wander the world), you may take part in any sort of exile. I will provide the means for anyone to live in a tipi or a tent if they choose. It will be an area for reflection, escape, and rededication. I call it Whispering Hills as that sounds like the name of a shitty ex-urban subdivision, which would be the exact opposite of the place I envision. (I dig irony.) Come one, come all.

Oh, Shane is making me go grocery shopping, I will be back to write about the important stuff (caring about others) in a bit (or a day).

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home